1. Catch a movie during the three-day weekend such as “Tulip Fever” about an artist who falls for a young married woman (Alicia Vikander) while he’s commissioned to paint her portrait during the Tulip mania of 17th century Amsterdam; “Unlocked” starring Noomi Rapace, Orlando Bloom, Toni Collette and Michael Douglas about a CIA interrogator who is lured into a ruse that puts London at risk of a biological attack, as well as the re-release of the 1977 hit sci-fi film “Close Encounters of the Third Kind.”
2. Is there a zoo or animal sanctuary nearby? Then Sunday is the perfect day to pay it a visit for National Wildlife Day. The special day was founded in memory of animal lover and conservationist Steve Irwin, and it serves to bring awareness to the number of endangered animals nationally. Find out more via nationalwildlifeday.com
3. The college football season has already officially started and there are several big games this holiday weekend. The NFL is not far behind as its season starts the weekend after Labor Day. Make sure your fantasy teams are in good order (or hold a fantasy draft with your buddies), set up your man cave and get ready for some fun.
4. If you plan on attending any tailgates, holiday potlucks or cook outs on Saturday, be sure to bring the bacon to mark International Bacon Day and make those burgers and hot dogs extra tasty.
5. Monday is Newspaper Carrier Day, so take a moment to thank your carrier. They even work on holidays such as Labor Day to bring you the news!
— More Content Now