Here are five ways to have fun this weekend.
1. In theaters this weekend is the R-rated puppet-fueled "The Happytime Murders" starring Melissa McCarthy as the partner to a disgraced LAPD detective-turned-private eye puppet investigating the one-by-one murders of the puppet cast of an '80s children's TV show; "A.X.L." rated PG-13 about a top-secret, robotic dog that is discovered hiding in the desert by Miles (Alex Neustaedter), a kindhearted outsider who finds a way to connect with the robot; opening in select theaters is "Searching" rated PG-13, a thriller
After his 16-year-old daughter goes missing, a desperate father breaks into her laptop to look for clues to find her.
2. Friday is National Waffle Day. On Aug. 24, 1968, the first waffle iron was patented. But did you know that waffles were first cooked in Ancient Greece? Celebrate this day by, of course, eating waffles for breakfast or for any meal!
3. Saturday is National Kiss and Make Up Day. So if you've been arguing with someone, it is time to put things behind you and forgive and forget. Take some time today to appreciate the friendships you have and mend the ones that are broken.
4. Sunday is Women's Equality Day, celebrating the 19th Amendment to the United States Constitution, allowing women to vote. Take time today to honor the special women in your life, and show your support for women's quality.
5. Sunday is also National Dog Day, recognizing the number of dogs that need to be rescued each year and appreciating the dog you have, who brings you smiles every day. Volunteer at your local dog shelter or treat your pooch to an extra long walk today.