Beginning Oct. 1, Arkansans can shop for affordable, quality health care plans on the Health Insurance Marketplace.
To access the Marketplace visit the Arkansas Health Connector website, which features an in-depth section on frequently asked questions, a cost estimator, links to follow AHC on social media and other helpful resources.
"Now is the time to start preparing for open enrollment," says Deputy Commissioner Cynthia Crone, Arkansas Health Connector Division with the Arkansas Insurance Department. "On Oct. 1, Arkansans will have several options for enrolling. They can enroll online, by mail, in person, or they can call our toll-free number, 1-855-283-3483. We want the enrollment process to be as easy as possible."
Tips for enrollment include:
• Do your homework. Prepare in advance by studying your current coverage, or coverage you once had, so you’ll know what works best for you and your family. If you’ve never had coverage, study the 10 Essential Health Benefits and decide which are most important to you.
• Get your questions ready. People often forget what they want to ask, so jot down your questions. For example, "Can I stay with my current doctor?" or "Will my prescriptions be covered?"
• Gather basic income information. Most people will qualify to get a break on premium costs and you’ll need income information to find out how much assistance you qualify for.
• Set your budget. There will be different types of health plans to meet a variety of needs and budgets. Plans differ based on the share you want to pay. For example, in a Bronze plan, you’d pay 40 percent of the cost, but in a Platinum plan, you’d pay 10 percent.
• Get connected. Sign up for updates at ARHealthConnector.org