A resident of the 300 block of Brushy Mountain Road near Paris, was injured when his home exploded around 7:30 a.m. on Friday. He was later airlifted to a hospital in Springfield, Mo., according to Logan County Deputy Sheriff Jason Massey.

“I spoke with him, he was injured but coherent,” Massey said. “The explosion involved a butane stove. He said he turned on the stove, went out onto a porch, came back in, noticing the stove didn’t light and then it blew up.”

Massey said there is no suspicion of foul play and refused to identify the victim. However, an emergency responder said the man’s name was Daryl Krigbaum.

“He said he started his stove to cook breakfast and went out side. When he came back he saw no flame and he lite it. And the big boom. He was thrown a long way in back yard,” the person stated in a communication with the Paris Express.

The Driggs Volunteer Fire Department and Logan County EMS responded.

Massey said the home was totally destroyed.

“The walls were blown off,” Massey said. “There were big pieces of walls at the scene 25 to 30 feet away from the home.”

Massey also said the man was the only person in the residence at the time and that neighbors reported hearing a loud boom.