1. Opening in theaters this weekend is the PG-13 rated horror film “Truth or Dare” about a game of Truth or Dare among friends that turns deadly and “Overboard” a remake of the 80s rom-com about a spoiled, wealthy yacht owner who is thrown overboard and becomes the target of revenge from his mistreated employee (Anna Faris).
2. This Friday is the 13th and there’s no better way to celebrate than a marathon of your favorite scary movies. Check your local TV listings for showings of the horror classics.
3. Friday is also Scrabble Day, a holiday celebrated on the birth of the inventor of “Scrabble,” Alfred Mosher Butts, but you don’t have to wait until then to party. Take some time this weekend to have an old-fashioned board game afternoon. Challenge family, friends, neighbors or whoever wants to play!
4. Sunday is Tax Day, but thankfully for procrastinators, taxes aren’t officially due until Tuesday the 17. If you need to get your taxes done this weekend and want to keep the kids busy (or want to celebrate already being done), we suggest having a money-themed game night. Our top suggestion is “Monopoly,” but there are other great games – “Payday,” “Railroad Tycoon” and many others.
5. Slow down and take a 15-minute break for Stress Awareness Month. Become aware of how stress affects not only your mind but your health. If you suffer from chronic stress, take time to relax either through a walk, meditation or yoga.