PARIS — Ricky Lee Carter is set to go to jury trial in November on his first-degree murder and arson charges.

Carter, 28, was arrested in December after telling investigators he made 2-year-old Ryatt Reese fall to his death the morning of Dec. 21 and then caused a gas explosion inside the Paris house where the incident took place. He is set for pretrial Nov. 9 and jury trial Nov. 26 following a forensic report filed Monday in Logan County Circuit Court and an order of continuance from Logan County judicial officials Friday.

Carter in December told Arkansas State Police investigators he grabbed Reese by the ankles and pulled him toward the bed he was sitting on after Reese threw up twice. Carter initially told State Police he caused the explosion to cover up Reese's death, according to the affidavit.

Carter during his forensic evaluation in September said he caused the explosion in the house to kill himself because he regretted his actions.

"It just popped in my head, blow yourself up, you know," he said in the evaluation.

Carter in the evaluation said he sat on a bed next to Reese until he could smell gas and then struck a lighter without thinking about the other children in the house. He said the force of the explosion slammed him to the floor, and that the police were there soon after.

Authorities arrested Carter in the days following the incident.

Carter in May was charged with felony terroristic threatening and second-degree battery while in jail. He allegedly told a detainee who was yelling at him he was going to kill him several times and pushed a detention officer who was addressing the situation, according to the affidavit.

Carter during the evaluation alleged he told the detainee he was going to kill him because the detainee called him a baby killer. He denied having homicidal tendencies in the past but said he had anger problems since childhood.

Officials also noted Carter reported "on and off" methamphetamine and heroin use throughout his life and multiple arrests on suspicion of domestic violence and child abuse, the report states.

Though officials assessed from the evaluation that although Carter could have one or multiple personality disorders, such conditions don't normally rise to the level of a mental disease. Officials following the examination also believed Carter had the ability to comprehend his actions when he committed them, the report states.

"(Carter) possessed the capacity to conform his behavior to the requirements of the law," the report states. "Additionally, he possessed the capacity to form the culpable mental state required to establish an element of the offenses."

Carter on Friday afternoon was held in the Logan County Jail in lieu of a $1 million bond, according to jail records.