Subiaco Academy’s soccer team got two wins last week to remain undefeated.

On March 14, the Subiaco Trojans made the long trip to Decatur to take on the Bulldogs in their second conference game of the season. They dominated the Bulldogs to get an 8-0 win.

The Trojans were playing a little short-handed with several players attending the annual Kiaros retreat in Fayetteville, but that did not hinder Subiaco in their quest for a victory.

The Bulldogs attacked early, but Subiaco was able to end the drive and gain control of the ball and soon the game. Subiaco scored their first goal at the 29 minute mark. Gerardo Jean scored on an assist from Mark Liu. With 18:30 to play, Jean found the goal for a second time, giving Subiaco a 2-0 lead. Subiaco was awarded a free kick with 10:30 minutes left in the half. Mark Liu took the kick and Jun Woo headed the ball into the goal for a Trojan 3-0 lead.

The second half saw the Trojans in total control. With 32:35 minutes to play Jean scored his first hat trick of the season giving the Trojans a 4-0 lead. Twenty seconds later, Jaeyong assisted Gerardo in increasing the Trojan lead to 5-0. Mark Liu scored five minutes later and Subiaco had a commanding 6-0 lead.

With nine minutes left, Gerardo scored his fifth goal of the night. Nsisong Archibong came in the game and was able to score, putting the Trojans up 7-0. David Kim put Subiaco’s last score on the board with 2:17 minutes to play.

The Trojans used good teamwork to control the game. Some young players came in and gave strong support. Goalies Chris Myers and Eric Boltuc did a great job of protecting the goal. Newcomer goalie, Eric, had three saves.

Subiaco hosted Rogers Heritage Tuesday March 18 and got their second win of the week.

Subiaco had very strong first half, scoring four goals and maintaining ball control against a good Heitage defense. With 25:15 left in the half, Jean scored Subiaco’s first goal from an assist by Mike Reilley. Four minutes later, Alvaro Torres sent a free kick toward the goal and Liu headed it in for a 2-0 Trojan lead. Heritage was able to score one goal in the first half, but the Trojans would come on to score again. Liu put in his second goal of the night with 12 minutes to play putting the Trojans up 3-1. Three minutes later. Liu scored his a hat trick with his third goal of the game and giving the Trojans a 4-1 halftime lead.

Heritage came back strong in the second half, and managed to score one more goal. Subiaco was able to hold off the Heritage attack to gain the 4-2 victory.

The Trojans took 24 shots to the goal. Goalie Chris Myers made a crucial save for the Trojans on a Heritage penalty kick.