The Subiaco Academy Trojans soccer team split a pair of games in mid-April. The split gives the team a 7-2 record.

On Thursday, April 11, Subiaco hosted Bergman. The Trojans were just coming off a loss to Berryville the previous Monday and were eager to redeem themselves. Subiaco came out ready.

Mark Liu was able to put the ball in for the Trojans’ first goal with just five minutes of time gone, giving the Trojans a quick 1-0 lead. Three minutes later Liu scored the Trojans’ second goal. The 2-0 lead was just the spark that the Trojan team needed. Twelve minutes later David Kim scored.

The Trojan defense held strong and was able to get the ball to the Trojan offense for a fourth goal. At the 11 minute mark, Kim scored his second goal and the Trojans’ fourth. But Bergman was not going away without a fight.

With eight minutes to go in the half, Bergman took a penalty kick and was able to break the Trojan defense for a goal. The Trojans took a 4-1 lead into halftime.

The Trojans began the second half determined to hold off Bergman. Junwoo Chang gave the Trojans their first goal of the second half. Subiaco took a corner kick which bounced around in front of the goal rebounding to Jun, who headed it in for the score. Subiaco had a 5-1 lead.

Liu once again went to work offensively for the Trojans, scoring his third goal of the day, a hat-trick and one minute later scored his fourth, giving Subiaco a 7-1 lead.

The Trojan defense kept Bergman scoreless in the second half. Subiaco’s offense took 23 shots to the goal, while the defense allowed only four.

On Saturday, April 13, The Trojans traveled to Green Forest. The game was quite a battle in the first half. The Tigers were quick and aggressive, but Subiaco pressure gave the Trojans an advantage.

At the 21 minute mark, Mike Riley pushed the ball up field to Mark Liu who made a quick pass to David Kim and then back to Mark, who took control and shot scoring Subiaco’s first goal. Both teams worked hard for the rest of the first half, but neither team was able to score.

Four minutes into the second half, Green Forest was able to score from a corner kick. Fifteen minutes later, the Tigers managed a second goal.

Subiaco’s offense made one last strong push to the goal but was unable to convert to a score, falling 1-2 to the Tigers.